Friday, July 29, 2022

PUYB Author Talks: ⭐A Bookish Conversation with 'Promise of the Heart' Susan Berry⭐ @susanberry111 #PromiseoftheHeart #interview

  




Since Susan Berry was a young girl, she loved to write. Her imagination was filled with stories that she couldn’t write down fast enough. But it wasn’t until her grandmother had given her a Harlequin romance novel to occupy her time on a long, boring car ride, that she fell in love with reading romance. The excitement of the characters first meeting, and the dance of the heart that followed, left Susan frantically turning pages. From that day on, Susan spent her free time with her beloved grandmother, reading the latest novels they’d retrieved from a used book store, or the local second hand shop. That reading eventually turned into the writing of her own romance novels. Novels filled with characters who have not yet found love, but eventually find a way to overcome romantic troubles with humor, wit, and the consumption of lots and lots of chocolate.

Susan’s latest book is the clean romance suspense, Promise of the Heart.

You can visit her website at https://www.SusanBerryauthor.com   or connect with her on TwitterFacebook and Goodreads.

 




Before you started writing your book, what kind of research did you do to prepare yourself?

Promise of the Heart is the third book in the Moments of the Heart series. The setting is on an estate and beautiful vineyard in remote California. I loved the visual romance of the area and researched both the ways grapes were cared for and how they are harvested.

Did you pursue publishers or did you opt to self-pub?

This book was self-published as are the first two in the series, Dance of the Heart and The Reluctant Heart. I like the freedom self-pub gives me and I enjoy picking out covers that I hope my readers will like.

If self-published, did you hire someone to format the ebook version for you or did you do it yourself?  Can you tell us what that was like?

I am a self-confessed technology novice when it comes to formatting and I’ve tried several times without much success. Luckily, I have a good friend, author RM Alexander, who does all my formatting. I thank my lucky stars every time she does her magic as there’s not enough chocolate in my house to calm my stress level if I ever attempt to do it myself again!

How did you choose your cover?

I chose the cover of my book from a painting a friend of mine did. The cover of Promise of the Heart is not the painting, but a close replica of the image. The beautiful tree and bench look like the perfect spot for a romantic afternoon.

Did you write your book, then revise or revise as you went?

I always write my book then revise. I find that it is satisfying to go back through and give more detail and depth to dialogue. After three or four revisions, I am ready for line editing which is where the real work begins. An author needs to be willing to delete scenes that don’t flow with the story, but it sometimes proves a lot easier said then done. 

Did you consider making or hiring someone to make a book trailer for your book?  If so, what’s the link? 


Thank you so much for giving me a few minutes of your time. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to me through my website or Facebook page to find out more about my novels or what I’m up to this summer. I’m always on the hunt for a yummy new dessert recipe and love to see pictures of my readers' fur babies. 

 

Inside the Book


After a distasteful first meeting, and a rocky start to their romance, Maggie Kinsley has been happily married to Desmond for the last eleven months. And although she was often alone when he traveled for business, she rather enjoyed how he passionately greeted her when returning home.

So when he received a letter naming him as executor of a property that belonged to a deceased family friend and had to leave for a few weeks, Maggie should have been content as she kissed him goodbye. But there was something about the whole thing that made her uneasy. Why was Desmond so evasive with her when she asked him about the previous owner. And why had he insisted she not tell anyone of his plans to stay on the property. Maggie soon found the answers to her questions were more than just a woman’s intuition, but rather something that not even her wildest, darkest fears could have foreseen.

“I so enjoyed the long awaited final book to the trilogy the author so lovingly created. Maggie’s story has a wonderful ending and she’ll be in my heart and mind for a long time.” – Amazon

Book Information

Release Date: February 21, 2022

Publisher:  Independent

Soft Cover: ISBN: 979-8420398647; 203 pages; $6.99; E-Book, $1.99

Amazon: https://amzn.to/3wk29M8


~WATCH THE TRAILER~





No comments:

Post a Comment