Tuesday, July 11, 2017

PUYB Virtual Book Club Chats with EJ Apicello



Welcome to EJ’s real, crazy, emotional, probably too honest journey. She is an everyday girl in this everyday world trying to keep her head above water. Within the pages of this book you will learn about the things that have broken EJ down and the steps she is taking to build back up. You will see, that this story is written in a unique, general, conversational voice, which was her choice. She wants you to be able to picture yourself in her shoes, relate her trials and tribulations to yours and see that you too can find your happiness. Even if you don’t realize this yet, every single one of us possesses things inside of ourselves that we didn't know were there. It took EJ’s life taking a crazy right turn and dumping her at the lowest possible point before she could see the strength within herself. We are not defined by what we do, we are defined by the choices we make. EJ decided when she put pen to paper that she wanted her choices to start defining her as strong, confident, secure and above all else, happy. So, who am EJ? How about who she was - a self-loathing shell who put everyone else’s happiness before her own. Herein lies a story about finding that happiness and all of the ups and downs along the way. See who EJ was and who she is trying to become and maybe, somewhere in there, you will find out a little about yourself too.

Her latest book is the self-help, Your Crossroads. Your Choice.

WEBSITE & SOCIAL LINKS:

WEBSITE | TWITTER | FACEBOOK



About the Book:


Welcome to my diary, my journey, as I tripped and crawled through the darkest time in my life- when I witnessed  people that I held incredibly close to me shatter my very existence with their words and actions. The things within this book spine are extremely raw and exceptionally real. You and I are going to get very close, the details in this book, although oddly general, are incredibly specific. Yes, I realize what I just said and as you read my words you will see what I mean. As you silently gasp and mentally bitch slap me, please be kind because my story is just that - my story. It is not any more or less special than yours. In fact the only difference between our stories are the choices we made at each of the crossroads in our lives. For most of my life the choices I made were not based on my happiness but on everyone else’s. This book describes what I have experienced in my journey to finding my happiness and hopefully never letting it go. Sadly, it took me thirty six years to find the strength I need to detoxify my life and self-view and find someone who is worthy of my awesomeness. Thirty six years to shatter the negative foundation I had built shatter the ultimate representative I created to hide behind and begin the process of building a new foundation. Only this foundation will be built on strength, confidence and above all, happiness. So take a minute or thirty and sit with my story for a while. You never know what you might find out.

ORDER YOUR COPY:

Amazon * B&N


How did you come up with name of this book?

I had a much wordier version of this title but decided that less is more. The whole essence of my message in this book, of my whole platform is that you control the choices you make. My goal is to empower you to have strength and confidence in those choices so you can find your happiness.

Do you read yourself and if so what is your favorite genre?

I love to read! I am a middle school teacher so I admit I read a lot of young adult novels in order to stay current with what my students are experiencing/reading. I am also adapting this book into a more kid friendly version in the hopes that it can help kids navigate the choppy waters of middle and high school with a little more strength and confidence than they may have had.

Do you prefer to write in silence or with noise? Why?

I prefer noise - it makes me feel connected to the world.

What do you feel you can accomplish with this book?

If there is enough reach, then I am hoping I can begin a global change - a major shift in the way our culture and society view happiness.

What is your next project?

I am working on a sequel to this book that will include tools and strategies to find your confidence and happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment